How should we introduce the treadmill

We are getting a treadmill from our friend who is moving to Bangalore and can’t take it

Do u think that it would help us meet Gullak’s need of running fast?

How should we introduce the treadmill to him as he is not a food-driven baby also?

For doodle weight maintenance I was thinking of introducing a treadmill to him 1st by feeding him some food on that for some time and slowly increasing the speed from walking to running keeping a food item in front of him

But I’m clueless about Gullak

Kindly suggest

Yes, a treadmill will be a great addition.

you can use a leash to guide both of your dogs. Divide the goal of them running on the treadmill into smaller tasks.

1. Leash Them
  2. Guide them to hop on the treadmill. (do not turn the treadmill on)
  3. Guide them to come down.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 a couple of times to create a calm association with the treadmill
  5. When they are calm, turn on the treadmill.
  6. keep the leash short, and be prepared that dog will try to fly away but if you keep your leash short, be quiet and keep them on the treadmill only, they will calm down and will start walking.
  7. keep the setting to minimal and keep on increasing when the dog is walking in rhythm.

Let me know how it goes, and do record the process, keep the mobile on a tripod not hold in your hand, be calm and confident the whole time.

3 Likes